Cheer Program Information
Voorhees Jr. Vikings | Cheer Registration & Information
The Voorhees Jr. Vikings Game Day / Sideline Cheer Program will foster an environment that allows youth participants the opportunity to learn cheerleading skills, build individual character, build self-esteem, and engage in our community feeder program for the Voorhees High School – all while having fun in being part of our “Vikings Pride”!
Game Day / Sideline Cheer Program
We are excited to announce our new Game Day / Sideline Cheer Program for the fall season. No experience is necessary! All divisions are based on the age of the cheerleader as of July 31st:
Varsity Cheer (14 years old & under) – No one in High School, please
JV Cheer (11 years old & under)
PeeWee Cheer (9 years old & under)
Flag Cheer (7 years old & under)
New This Year - Jr. Vikings Competition Team
- Cheerleaders MUST participate in Football Sideline Cheer
- Competitive Season: April through January (June & July off)
- More information coming soon! If you have interest in joining the competitive team, please reach out to the Voorhees Jr. Vikings Competition Team Head Coach Samantha Wenrich at
or (908) 705-7530.
The following will be required:
- Sideline Cheer Practices will begin on or around the week of August 17th (as the season gets closer, exact days/times will be communicated). You can expect practices to be held twice a week for 1.5 hours. Days and times can vary by coach and squad, however, most squads will hold practice from 6 pm – 7:30 pm; exact days TBD in early July.
- Competition Cheer Practices will be an additional day per week, to be determined as the season gets closer.
- Cheer participants will be expected to be on time during the entire season.
- Cheer Participant Code of Conduct is required (will be provided at the first practice).
- TeamSnap will be used as a means of communication.
- Additional documents such as: Image consent, Physical form, Concussion information sheet, Uniform care sheet, Uniform bond agreement and Voorhees Jr. Cheer Rules Acknowledgment will all be required for the season (Forms listed online).
Our league season begins on or around August 17th. Football games are played on Saturdays (Sunday by rare exception) with games commencing the first Saturday after labor day and continue into early November (for some divisions). Game times can be as early as 8:30 AM, or as late as 7:30 PM (Under the lights).
THE FULL SCHEDULE WILL BE LISTED ON OUR WEBSITE AS SOON AS IT IS RELEASED. Practices will take place either at Voorhees High School or Memorial Park.
Sideline Cheer Uniforms will be provided, and you will have the option to purchase a uniform, should you want to do that. Competition Cheer Uniforms are for purchase only. ($100.00 uniform deposit will be required at distribution.)
The Voorhees Jr. Vikings Football & Cheer Program requires parent participation/volunteerism to function. Each family is asked to volunteer each season. The Board will notify you of the volunteer hours via an email when needed. More information on this will be provided at a later date.
Scholarships and Fee Reduction Requests
The Voorhees Jr. Vikings Cheer Program will offer full and partial scholarships to participants who demonstrate need. For information on this, please reach out to our cheer commissioner on how to apply. Our goal is to allow all interested participants the chance to be a part of our program, without prejudice based on ability to pay.
While fundraising is optional at this point, participation is appreciated. The funds that the program gains from these events will help offset the purchase of uniforms, provide clinics for the cheerleaders and allow the program to grow. Fundraising events that will be offered are:
- Pura Vida Bracelets
- Jr. Viking Cheer Day at Just Chill (Clinton)
- Color Run
- Business Sponsorships
- T-Shirt Sales
The following costs are in addition to the registration and participation fees.
$150 Registration Sideline Fee (All Divisions)
$100 Refundable Uniform Deposit (to be collected during uniform distribution in August)
$125 Registration for Competition Team (in addition to the Sideline Registration Fees)
TBA for Competition Cheer Uniform however, anticipate the cost under $150.
All Cheerleaders will be required to purchase their own: Hair Bow (roughly $10), black leggings and White Cheer Shoes (varies, can be parent discretion).
*Please note that the Voorhees Jr. Vikings Cheer Program does NOT teach tumbling. We will work with local gyms to get a discounted rate for our cheerleaders, should they want to learn or enhance their current skills. Our Game Day / Sideline Cheer Program will include learning sideline cheers and chants, sideline dances and a brief half-time routine.